Oliver Rae is seeking a Nights Control Room Operator / Transport Controller to work within a busy, reactive transport department. We are proud to be working with one of the leading service suppliers in the Black Country.
They are seeking a proactive experienced transport controller or someone with a very similar skill set that has knowledge of the UK Road Networks. The client offers a modern working environment with great facilities, and they are really passionate about progressing their people!
If you have excellent communication skills and you are someone who can build relationships, well organised whilst remaining calm in stressful situations, then this role may be perfect for you.
– Receiving inbound calls – both low to high volume inbound calls.
– Looking after the company’s main customer through the night. This will involve heavily account management but will be perfect for someone who has experience within customer service.
– Making decisions on the spot and offer realistic, informative solutions.
– Assisting in locating breakdowns and offering real-time advice.
– Advising customers.
– Operating an inhouse computerised system.
Please note a sound geographical knowledge is key to this role.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday and a weekend rota – or Sunday to Thursday (Sunday shift will be earlier, around 1000 – 1900, and then Monday to Thursday 1500 – 0000)
£23,000 – £24,000 progressing up to £28,000 after 6 – 8 months training.